top of page
US Flag

U.S. Tax Services

At Trowbridge, we specialise in providing U.S. tax planning and compliance services to U.S. citizens and green card holders individuals living in the U.K. on a short or long term basis.

U.S. Tax Preparation Services

Our U.S. tax services to individuals include preparing federal and state tax returns estimating taxes, and year-round planning to minimize or defer income tax. We encourage our individual and small business clients to contact us throughout the year with questions and to keep us involved in their financial affairs. 

We believe the added communication and understanding of our client situations provides for better tax planning and lower tax liabilities. We work with our clients to establish entities and structure their tax matters to reduce tax liabilities. Our areas of emphasis in providing individual and small business tax services include:

  • U.S. citizens and green card holders residing in the U.K.

  • U.K. nationals living in the U.S.

  • Visa holders who are living and working in the U.S.

  • Persons on short-term domestic or international assignments


U.S. Streamlined Filing Procedures

Many U.S. citizens that are living in the UK are unaware that they are required to continue to file U.S. tax returns every year, even if no actual U.S. tax is payable. This even applies to people who have never lived in the U.S. but may have acquired citizenship through their parents.

We specialise in helping people bring their U.S. tax matters up to date by filing backdated tax returns or utilising the various IRS voluntary disclosure programs.

It is useful to note that it is not just a U.S. tax return that you will have to file, but also a form known as the "FBAR" to report most non U.S. bank accounts. The penalties can be significant, so don't delay!

bottom of page